Friday, December 10, 2010

Slow going

I have done very little in the past week or so other than a little cleaning and purchasing.  I did finally identify all of my engine parts.  My block is actually a 428ci Cobra Jet.  This gives me a lot of choices if I want to beef up the horsepower.
I have finished one of the heads.  I will be working on the second head this weekend in hopes of getting them back together very soon and shelved. 

Cleaned and Finished

This week I did get new lifters, a new cam, and new valves.  On top of having different lifters in the car, a few of them are stuck.  It has been nice sitting at my desk working on paperwork while taking apart each lifter just to see if they were all good.
I probably will not tackle replacing the cam, since it is not pitted or lobed.  I purchased the cam and lifters together for the bargain price on eBay of $36.00.  It never hurts to have extra parts to trade.


after cleaning and painting

after cleaning and painting

after


before

before cleaning and painting

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have uneven wear on the cam lobes thanks to all the mismatched parts. If you have a new cam I would go ahead and install it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are probably right. I am going to use a micrometer today to check.

    ReplyDelete