Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ready for winter work

Oil Pan Before
Oil Pan After
 
 I have been getting ready for the winter projects and ready for spring with some small projects.  My goal is to have the engine ready to put on the frame by spring and finish all of the small work in preparation.

I was able to finish a few things this week.  The front radiator housing is cleaned and primed. I still have to go over it again and make sure it is completely ready for painting. I did lay the housing on the frame in preparation for making some of the plastic housing that is long gone.  I have partial diagrams but it is going to take some measuring and cutting. 

I have done a little exam of the radiator and it is totally shot. It will be more expensive to rebuild than it would be to purchase new.  All brass....so maybe some cash for scrap.  I also have partial wiring harnesses ready for rebuild. My plan is to replace all wiring with new. 






No comments:

Post a Comment