Sunday, October 14, 2012

Working through the winter

Before
 
This was a fairly slow week but I was able to get a few things completed. The cross bar is cleaned and ready to be installed.  I was able to salvage the parking brake cable.  It was in great shape and I don't remember the emergency brake every working so it was practically new...although dirty. I will install the cross member this week in preparation for the drive shaft.




During

I did get 1 upper control arm installed. The control arm bushings were a wonderful treat! I did not think I would ever get them pressed in but after much swearing, sweat, and walking away, they went on very easy later in the day. 


After
I have the steering gear half way apart.  It was way out of adjustment and I am unsure if it can be salvaged. Looks like a rebuilt one is only $70 or less and that may be the way to go. I won't know the condition until I get the Pittman arm off...and that thing is not moving.  I broke a nice removal tool and it has not moved at all!  Looks like it will either get the torch or the grinder soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment