Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Step by Step

Cleaned
Painted
I have gotten more done that I thought I would so far this week. Two hours per night has made a difference!
I was able to get the front engine housing completed and the oil filter housing finished as well.  Tonight I made good use of the gasket set I purchased 5 years ago...back when I was just thinking of doing a restoration. So far, every gasket I needed has been in the kit. I was talking to my wife tonight and I think I purchased the complete gasket set for around 30 bucks!
 
Cleaned
Painted
I put on the front engine housing, oil filter housing, harmonic dampener, oil pump, and oil pan.  The bottom of the engine is now complete! I turned the engine over on the stand and thought that while I was looking at the top of the motor, I would install the new lifters. I guess I will be working on the top half of the motor for the next week or so.
 
The exhaust manifolds are not as bad as I originally thought.  After consulting some of my fellow restoration blogger, there may be a lot of life in them.  I will, however, have to get them milled before I make my decision.
 
Right Side Up!
On another note, I was able to purchase arm rests on eBay for $10.00! They should be here in the next few days.
 
 


New Lifters!










No comments:

Post a Comment