Saturday, September 15, 2012

Moving along

I was able to get the front control arms cleaned and primed this week. Once the bushings arrive, I will be able to attach the rear to the frame. I also worked on the front suspension. Thanks to the tips from Ford Muscle Forums for removal of the front ball joints and bushings.
Most of the day today was removing the original ball joints on the front.  The uppers were riveted on and I ended up breaking 4 drill bits trying to get them out. I ended up going the messy rout by using my grinder to grind down the rivets. It took a lot of elbow grease but they came off.
I also had a wonderful time getting the front bushings out. After much drilling they eventually came out.
The rear bushings are from a 1999 Camaro. Surprisingly, they fit like a charm. The only modification is to drill out the inner ring to accommodate the bolt.

 

 Although I am going to go with disc brakes on the front, I have decided to clean the front spindles and rebuild them for sale (or possible swap). 






No comments:

Post a Comment