Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rear = Done

The rear is cleaned, adjusted, painted, and assembled.  I used my old rims and tires to make it easier to store in the garage until I am ready for them.  I have the upper and lower control arms completed.  As soon as the bushings arrive, I can start assembly for the rear to be attached.  I will leave everything loose until I have it all completed.  If it all goes according to plan, I should have the rear attached early next week.

I am concerned with play in the rear. It is well within tolerance and I have not added fluid yet. It may be that the rear was too tight before or I just didn't notice the play when taking it apart.  There was so much solidified fluid that it probably cushioned any noises.


I am slowly starting to prepare the front control arms for sand blasting. The nooks are difficult to reach and will need cleaning before the priming.

No comments:

Post a Comment