Friday, October 1, 2010

Interior shell ready for body lift - after the last two body bolts.

The interior is now a shell.  Seats chrome, and all trim is out.  The floor pans are still solid with little surface rust.  I have all of the body bolts out except the two I am slowly grinding away. 
The engine is now sitting free and is ready to be hoisted to the stand.  The transmission is loose and ready to be hoisted after the body is off.  I am going to wait until the body is off to carefully remove the convertible top and start the process of cleaning it. 
The trunk is another story.  Looks like most of the bottom pan is rusted and there are many holes.  I have saved all of the original carpet, although it is not in good shape.  This may be handy later to ensure the replacement is a proper fit.
I have started cleaning the door panels.  No rips and it is cleaning nicely.  The seats are in good condition, although the rear seat is thin and starting to rip.  The padding is all gone and will need replaced.
I hope that the body will be off in the next few days and I can start removing the gas tank that needs repaired.  It always leaked gas above a half tank. 
Several items were found under the carpet including, my graduation tassel, about 40 cents in change ranging from 1967 to 1999, and the original cigarette lighter in mint condition. 











No comments:

Post a Comment