Saturday, October 9, 2010

Liftoff

The body is now up about 36 inches from the frame.  That is enough to pull the frame out and leave the body.  Working today on a body stand before I pull the frame out from underneath. 
The body came up easily.  I used a floor jack to slowly lift from the body bolts in the front and the back.  Once it was high enough to use blocks, I used the frame as a base.  The body is still lying on the frame, but is blocked on four points.  Once I have the stand ready, I will lift up another inch or so, slide it in, and then pull the frame. 
The transmission is still attached to the frame, which has created a little problem.  The speedometer cable-locking bolt is stripped.  I will have to take out the cable from behind the dash and feed it through the body.
The rear bumper bolts had to be cut to remove the bumper.  I have the bumper still attached with one bolt on each side, but I was able to slide the bumper down to clear the body.
I have started to mark the trunk pan for cutting away of what can't be saved.








No comments:

Post a Comment