Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Keep it clean!

Tonight was mainly a clean up the garage and organize night.  I shelved all of the boxes and parts not needed now and cleaned all of the tools.  It is amazing how small the garage seems after a few days work.  By organizing and cleaning every few days, parts will not get lost.
I did start working on the trunk.  I took out the tail lights, scraped, and cleaned out the trunk to inspect the rust damage.  It is not as bad as I thought, but it will take some work.
The tail lights cleaned up very nice.  Looks like the chrome will buff with a lot of work.  A little pitting can be found on the deep chrome, but not enough to replace. 
 
I measured the carpet and photographed it in case it is needed in the future.  Replacement front carpet does not include the hard rubber scuff padding, so this might be saved and attached to the new.  The search continues for a gas tank.  Looks like the 67 tank may or may not work.  I have contacted someone with one for dimensions to check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment