Sunday, October 10, 2010

Just a little higher

The body is completely free from the frame, yet there are still problems to overcome.  The center of gravity is just behind the doors.  This makes lifing very difficult and slow.  The rear mounts are rusty and I do not trust them for points of lift.  I have placed 4X4 boards along the sides where the frame sat and these are the points of lift.  The body shifted many times lifting it this far and the stands are too short to get the body up enough to clear the frame.  I can move the frame out to the side, but that will create other problems.  I am switching jack stands and will probably use alternative stands for the body to rest on.  I can lift the rear of the body by hand, so weight is not an issue. 
 

 
I should have removed the transmission prior to lifting the body.  The drive shaft angles up as the transmission is at an angle with the motor not attached.  Currently, the body only needs to be raised another 5 inches to allow the frame to clear and be removed, but the body needs to be more sturdy befor I continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment