Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Off and out of room

The body and the frame are now sitting side by side.  I opted to take the frame out from the side to allow for clearance.  The right rear mount is rusty and I did not want to put any more pressure on this point by raising the body any more.  I used a jack with wheels to pull the body out a little at a time.  I moved the stands to clear the frame and it slid out easily.  Once out, I added some supports to the body for storage.  I am working on adding a perminant stand for the body with wheels so I can move it around as needed. 
The frame looks very good.  All of the rust is surface rust and it will clean easily. 
The next few days will be a cleaning and re-organization of the garage again.  Having both the frame and the body in the garage takes up a lot of room.  (I did not plan on needing this much room)  With the motor going on a stand, there will be little room for anything else unless I clean and organize.





No comments:

Post a Comment